Confucius Institute for Science and Technology BNTU
The Confucius Institute for Science and Technology of BNTU was founded on December 6, 2013. BNTU's partner in the creation of the Confucius Institute is Northeastern University - one of the leading universities in China, founded in 1923, which is located in the city of Shenyang, the capital of Liaoning province. The grand opening of the Confucius Institute for Science and Technology took place on October 21, 2014.
The Confucius Institute for Science and Technology is headed by: the director from the Chinese side is Li Wenxue, the director from the Belarusian side is Kleenkov Vladimir Aleksandrovich. The development of educational programs and training in Chinese language courses is carried out by professional teachers of Northeastern University with work experience, as well as volunteers who are specialists in the field of linguistics and literary criticism.
Confucius Institute for Science and Technology BNTU organizes and conducts:
- scientific and practical conferences, thematic seminars, exhibitions, forums, scientific and technical events for children, youth, students, graduate students and young scientists, exchange of specialists in the scientific and technical sphere, internships for teachers and young scientists, competitions for young translators in the field of scientific and technical translation etc.;
- Chinese language courses at elementary, intermediate, advanced and advanced levels;
- special Chinese language courses for engineering and technical specialists;
- qualification exams (tests) for the level of knowledge of the Chinese language (HSK, HSKK, YCT, BCT) and for the knowledge of Chinese language teachers in technical terminology;
- events aimed at getting acquainted with modern culture, history and traditions of China: master classes in calligraphy, Chinese painting, paper cutting, lectures on Chinese musical culture, the history of Peking Opera, classes in taijiquan, etc.;
- advising on the procedures for obtaining scholarships for master's degree studies at Chinese universities, as well as on language internships at Chinese universities.
- The Confucius Institute for Science and Technology, being a kind of bridge between Belarus and China, aims to develop interaction and cooperation between our peoples in the field of culture, education, science and technology.